• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long would it take to replace a slightly crumbling temporary filling?

E

Enichols02

Hi all. So I have a severe dental fear to the point of panic attacks and I also have a bad gag reflex, alongside other anxiety disorders. I have a temp filling in my second molar that needs to be replaced and I am absolutely terrified of getting it done. Getting the initial drilling in March led to me having a panic attack and then not being able to finish so they put the temp filling in. I feel so restricted being forced to lie down, and the dentist lady was very rude, and she stuck a bite block in my mouth making me feel like I was choking and going to gag. I absolutely cannot deal with another bite block, I will probably pass out. That fear was god awful. So I guess my question is, is this possible to get the temp filling done without a bite block, and how long are we looking at in terms of length of the procedure? What exactly would they have to do?

Thanks in advance <3

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
First go and find a different dentist. No excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Your question isn't really possible to answer without a lot more information I'm afraid.

E

Enichols02

No worries! Yeah, I definitely need to find a new dentist. She was very unkind and broke a tooth I needed a root canal on and now it's unfixable, and I'll need an implant. I went to a dental school so I could afford the procedures.