• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How much do dental implants cost in Mexico?

S

stephenoneal28

Former Member
I have decided to undergo dental implants in Mexico but, I wonder how much is the cost for the whole treatment?

From what I have seen you stand a reasonable chance of being ripped off and a high chance of poor quality treatment. I have seen more than a few cases that were planned poorly. Mexico has always had a poor reputation with NO recourse.

From what I have seen you stand a reasonable chance of being ripped off and a high chance of poor quality treatment. I have seen more than a few cases that were planned poorly. Mexico has always had a poor reputation with NO recourse.

We have the same thing in Europe with people going to places with questionable standards to save money. However if these procedures go wrong due to poor planning and low quality materials there are no legal avenues to pursue to get these issues sorted so basically you are on your own. Personally; I would rather pay the going rate and have quality rather than take the risk for a few extra pounds - to me it is simply not worth risking it.

We have the same thing in Europe with people going to places with questionable standards to save money. However if these procedures go wrong due to poor planning and low quality materials there are no legal avenues to pursue to get these issues sorted so basically you are on your own. Personally; I would rather pay the going rate and have quality rather than take the risk for a few extra pounds - to me it is simply not worth risking it.

It is actually worse than that. For the most part dental care is surgical care that evolves either teeth and bone as hard tissue or gums and occasionally tongues,cheeks, and lips as soft tissues. When the treatment result isn't satisfactory we are then left with a compromised situation that often can not be revised to as good of a result as if we had the patient to treat properly from the beginning. Right now I am in the midst of revising the following cases 1. A poorly planned and misplaced implant that destroyed the entire section of her ridge.
2. An immediate implant placement with poor healing so the tissue looks terrible. This is top central incisor!
3. Cemented crown on an implant placed way too deep so I had to remove bone and recontour the crown.
4. Full top arch of implants where his "guaranteed" bridge is falling all apart. The implants selected makes this case a compromised case unless the ones that didn't fail are cored out.
This is all this year.

It is actually worse than that. For the most part dental care is surgical care that evolves either teeth and bone as hard tissue or gums and occasionally tongues,cheeks, and lips as soft tissues. When the treatment result isn't satisfactory we are then left with a compromised situation that often can not be revised to as good of a result as if we had the patient to treat properly from the beginning. Right now I am in the midst of revising the following cases 1. A poorly planned and misplaced implant that destroyed the entire section of her ridge.
2. An immediate implant placement with poor healing so the tissue looks terrible. This is top central incisor!
3. Cemented crown on an implant placed way too deep so I had to remove bone and recontour the crown.
4. Full top arch of implants where his "guaranteed" bridge is falling all apart. The implants selected makes this case a compromised case unless the ones that didn't fail are cored out.
This is all this year.

Yes, that is an excellent point and all the more reason to consult an appropriately qualified and experienced Dentist in the US (or UK in my case). Theres is an old saying "If it looks too good to be true it usually is too good to be true" I think that is applicable here as well as "Think Twice, Do it right first time";)

Back