• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How much pain can I expect from an implant surgery?

Some of that Sounds like a “normal” reaction for you though after procedures in general so that’s a good sign I’d think ? my worry too is an allergic reaction. I’m going to ask if there is a way I can wear a post as an earring to test before. I read a dentist on here did that for one of his patients. I’m sure your fine so glad to hear the pain isn’t as unbearable now for you.

Try not to worry. I know easier said then done but focus on healing don’t google just relax let your body heal. Our anxiety is our own worst enemy and does hinder our healing Hugs!

Yes, anxiety is definitely my enemy. My previous dentist told me that I shouldn't have any problems with the titanium implant, but that I should probably get a porcelain crown, not a porcelain over metal, because that does possibly have nickel in it.
The pain is definitely easing. I think the canker sores make it feel worse than it is. I have made it so far today with only one tylenol.

Yes, anxiety is definitely my enemy. My previous dentist told me that I shouldn't have any problems with the titanium implant, but that I should probably get a porcelain crown, not a porcelain over metal, because that does possibly have nickel in it.
The pain is definitely easing. I think the canker sores make it feel worse than it is. I have made it so far today with only one tylenol.
I’ll admit your pain did scare me. But I do think things are going to do nothing but continue to improve for you now.

I’ll admit your pain did scare me. But I do think things are going to do nothing but continue to improve for you now.

Keep in mind I can't take anti-inflammatory meds, and those are the best for pain relief. Tylenol doesn't do much, so the pain would be minimal with ibuprofen. If I get another implant, I will probably take an opioid right after and have my husband drive me home.

Keep in mind I can't take anti-inflammatory meds, and those are the best for pain relief. Tylenol doesn't do much, so the pain would be minimal with ibuprofen. If I get another implant, I will probably take an opioid right after and have my husband drive me home.
How are you making out? Been thinking of you hope your plot of pain now ?

I feel much better! The skin around the stitches is healing well. I have had minimal pain the past few days. For some reason today, I have been having more pain...not terrible, just a dull pain. I did read that it is normal for pain to increase on day 4 or 5. This is day 6, so I guess it is still in the normal zone. I see my regular dentist tomorrow, as he is going to adjust my over the counter night guard for me, so I will ask him what he thinks about the pain, if I still have it tomorrow. It is still well managed with just tylenol and it hasn't been a full week yet, so I am not too worried (surprising!). If I need to, I can see the oral surgeon on Wednesday. It is an hour's drive to the oral surgeon, so I would rather not go unless absolutely necessary.

I feel much better! The skin around the stitches is healing well. I have had minimal pain the past few days. For some reason today, I have been having more pain...not terrible, just a dull pain. I did read that it is normal for pain to increase on day 4 or 5. This is day 6, so I guess it is still in the normal zone. I see my regular dentist tomorrow, as he is going to adjust my over the counter night guard for me, so I will ask him what he thinks about the pain, if I still have it tomorrow. It is still well managed with just tylenol and it hasn't been a full week yet, so I am not too worried (surprising!). If I need to, I can see the oral surgeon on Wednesday. It is an hour's drive to the oral surgeon, so I would rather not go unless absolutely necessary.
Yay!! I’m so happy things are turning around for you!!

The dull pain is healing pain. So glad you are feeling better.

Back