• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How much valium to take?

S

sharonbetty

Don't know if I'm allowed to "double post" but have posted this question on other forum too. Just in case no one looks at that one in time! ...
"Having an extraction today [9.50] - pretty scared! Been given 5mg valium but that seems like peanuts to me! I have a 2mg tablet from a previous visit and wonder if it's ok to take that too? HAving looked around on info on net it seems that this is still a pretty low dose. Any ideas - thanks!"

I wouldn't dare tell you how much to take, but how about calling your doctor?
Peace,
Susan

By now it will be over. How did it go ?

Thank you for asking. Well, just before I was about to pop the pills the dental surgery phoned to cancel the appointment! They had arrived to find the surgery had been burgled and ransacked. Can you imagine how I felt? Not relief because I'd psyched myself up, sorted out my hubbie taking morning off, taken time off work and just generally was pretty scared. So, I had a pretty good cry for a while and hubby made me tea and gave me chocolate after which I felt much better, did not go into work but went to Primark instead! Only putting off the evil deed though ...!

:o How badly was the place damaged ?
Have u booked another appointment yet ?

I love Primark. There's a massive 1 in Reading, & was shopping there at the weekend with Mum :)

Don't know how badly the place was damaged - just doors I think and presumably drugs and money taken. Anyway, have been back to see emergency dentist because of pain and he's decided I have an infection. When that's gone I'm going to be referred to the hospital to have the extraction done under IV sedation which pleases me! Thanks for the support.

I know this is a serious matter, a surgery being burgled and drugs taken, also the fact that you were getting yourself into the right frame of mind to go for your apointment and now it being cancelled but.. on the lighter side, and there's always a lighter side to everything, can you imagine if the person who broke in stole a load of dentures that had been made for people who were expecting them to be fitted this week. So, if you see on the internet anywhere loads of dentures going cheap, you know where they came from.:ROFLMAO:

Back