• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

hydrogen peroxide

G

Former Member
Hello to all....

For those of you following my story from previous posts, my molar on the lower left has now become worse. The tooth is falling apart on the sides, the center of the crown is mostly non-existent, and decay is present in the area where the crown should be. Yeah, you needed to read that, right? Although the other molars appear healthy, it has been suggested that they get pulled too.

I went and saw one Oral Surgeon...he was a little too rough-minded. (He did not even understand the concept of a slow, progressive injection - and that was after I explained it to him. Only stoic patients need apply). Anyway, I've discovered another surgeon through my insurance. I've not met him yet, but he comes well recommended.

I am in pain now. On a scale of 0-10, its a7...mostly because of my trying to keep it clean with Hydrogen Peroxide, and antiseptic mouth rinse until I see the surgeon. A 30 year trauma has kept me from doing the right thing for myself all these years. I will be getting this tooth out within the next couple weeks - sooner is what I am aiming for...I have to. It is no longer about "if" but rather "when, in the short term....".

For those of you who believe in prayer, I could really use some help. I am so scared...I wish this was not happening. In any event, I will keep you all posted. Thanks for being here.

- Shawn
Portland, OR - USA :censored: :cry:

Why hydrogen peroxide? It's not likely to help much and it'll likely irritate the rest of your mouth. The only antiseptic mouthwash that's really effective is Chlorhexidine, but most rinses only help with gum problems and you sound like you have a hard tissue problem with that molar.

Other than that, good luck, it sounds like you're making real efforts to get things sorted, hang in there. :cheers:

Back