• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hypochondriac - panicking myself stupid right now

Me again! So after the recent one cleared away, I'm now dealing with this (gum swollen near bit where the gun attaches to the cheek). It's a little painful on this occasion and part of the gum is a little red. Nothing in terms of a head or anything, it seems to be all underneath. Is it the same infection?

I'm slowly working on my mental health but honestly feel nowhere near able to go to a dentist anytime soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20211010_053015.jpg
    IMG_20211010_053015.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Well it's probably not the same infection but it's the same thing so same answers apply really. Daily salt water rinses to try to persuade it to drain out through the tooth, if you feel up to it, try gently cleaning out the cavity with a cotton bud or similar, sometimes a bit of food plugs up the hole a bit and stops it draining so well. Rice is just the right shape to do the job :)

Back