• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I’m back !!!

Mikey Boy

Mikey Boy

So as some of you on here may or may not remember me I was at one point a frequent member on here but stepped away after a while for some personal reasons but a long time away I decided come back because I feel I need to tell you guys about how my brother recently went to the dentist today to have some work done even though he is just as scared of the dentist as me and the reason I wanna talk about it is because I guess I’m just really surprised that he was able to conquer his fears so quickly just like that and I’m still sitting here battling my demons and unable to break through an go and get the work done that I need but seeing my that my brother can do it makes me think if he can do it so can I. Any way I just thought I would come back on here and let you guys know how I’m doing have a great day and thanks for reading.

Welcome back Mikey Boy! I remember you! I am recently back too after a long absence from DFC so it is nice to see a familiar name on here. That is wonderful for your brother. Does he know about DFC? It’s funny how some people just decide one day and do it while for others, it’s a much longer process. Is your brother in close proximity to you? If so, maybe his dentist could be a good place for you to start since they were able to help your brother.

Kitkat so good to hear from you again , no I think my knows about this place he just decided one day that he didn’t like his smile anymore so he went in and wanted to get it fixed and he got it fixed today and his smile looks really good I’m happy for him I thought about going to the place that he went to but I think I’m going to check out a different office first because I did some good research on one not too far from me and I want to check it out first

Well definitely keep us posted! Fingers crossed that you can find a good one!

I know thank you I’m just tired of running from this

So I have basically narrowed down my search to two offices that I sent out messages to over facebook to them about if there was any way I could set up a meeting with the staff and dentist there and so far two of them have gotten back to me so I guess I’ll start there it’s progress I guess lol

Maybe you could use your brother's positive experience - ask him how it felt, etc - to give yourself more courage. Are you in the same state/area? Could you get to the same dentist he had?

Back