• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I’m getting worried

S

Sara13697

Hey. If you haven’t read my recent thread, you might want to read that before you respond. I got my first permanent bottom molar extracted on Tuesday. It was a failed extraction because the dentist was only able to take out the crown and the root was too difficult to take out so I have to be referred elsewhere for the extraction. It’s been 5 days. I’m worried because the molar behind has become a bit loose, not wobbly wise but like the gum flap has become loose. It has also developed some brown (plaque like) around it. I don’t think that’s normal? Any help would be appreciated. If you’ve had a (failed) extraction on a molar and have experienced the same or similar, let me know below. Thank you :shame:

The only failed extraction, would be if it wasn’t extracted. If the tooth was pulled out, then it would be considered a successful extraction. The brown staining can be a bit of blood in the plaque from between your teeth that you can’t reach with a toothbrush. When you go for your next cleaning, they can take care of it for you (remember not to have a cleaning for at least 6 weeks post op).
Regarding the gum tissue, gums can become loose around the area of an extraction, and will tighten up as the healing progresses.
Hope this helps, and wish you the best in your healing.

It was a failed extraction because the molar didn’t come out, only the crown. Thank you

Bump...

The gums around it were maybe disturbed when trying to remove the other tooth, they’ll likely tighten up as it heals.

The brown stain may just be because you’re not able to clean it very well due to it being a bit tender but should be easily removed :)

Back