• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I’m in so much pain after a deep filling . Suggestions on how to feel better ?

A

Alexistired

I got a very very deep filling around 6/7 hours ago . My tooth is super sensitive and I will literally jump if it touches the other tooth . It burns and it hurts so badly and I feel pain all over my gums and around my tooth . I’m losing my mind . The filling was super deep (stopped right before the pulp) I’m in so much pain . Is this normal ? The dentist said that due to the fact it was very deep I would probably experience pain after . Help ? ? I’m nervous

I'm not sure if that's normal. I am going to get a couple of large fillings redone soon so I will know by the end of the month.

If it's really that excruciating I have a hard time believing it's normal. Hopefully you can see your dentist again soon and maybe they can file down the filling if it is too tall for example.

I'm not sure if that's normal. I am going to get a couple of large fillings redone soon so I will know by the end of the month.

If it's really that excruciating I have a hard time believing it's normal. Hopefully you can see your dentist again soon and maybe they can file down the filling if it is too tall for example.
This might be my body’s reaction because this is the third deep filling I get redone with the same reaction so maybe it’s just me and you’re gonna be just fine
I’m not sure but this is the third time this is happening . I decided to take painkillers for now

Guys , this one filling is doing fine now but I had to get another filling EVEN DEEPER a couple of days after and now it’s super sensitive and it hurts SO MUCH at times it’s super sensitive to cold , hot ecc ? will it get well ?

Guys , this one filling is doing fine now but I had to get another filling EVEN DEEPER a couple of days after and now it’s super sensitive and it hurts SO MUCH at times it’s super sensitive to cold , hot ecc ? will it get well ?

Hi there,

deep fillings can irritate the nerve quite a bit and it can take longer until it calms down. There are obviously no guarantees, but if you think of your last experience and see that that tooth did eventually get well, it is probably easy to imagine that this one may too.
Fingers crossed and hope the pain subsides soon :clover:

Hi there,

deep fillings can irritate the nerve quite a bit and it can take longer until it calms down. There are obviously no guarantees, but if you think of your last experience and see that that tooth did eventually get well, it is probably easy to imagine that this one may too.
Fingers crossed and hope the pain subsides soon :clover:
Depends but usually it took even two months in the past
Maybe I have to wait ? It’s not unbearable but it’s definitely annoying

Sounds like waiting is the best thing to, but if you are not sure, then asking your dentist may be a good idea, like with all dental things. Glad the pain is not unbearable.

Back