• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I’m probably making too much of this

H

Harrythomas14

I’m 20 years old, athletic, fit and have been binge eating for 5 years. I’m finally getting help with this and am determined not to make it a 6th year.

The amount of sugar I consume in these binges has had an effect on my teeth; they feel worn a great deal of the time, even though I eat a relatively low sugar diet the rest of the time (these binges happen once a fortnight or so, but used to happen around 2-3 times per week).

Like I say, I’m getting help for this, but I don’t know what else I can do for my teeth in the meantime; I barely drink, I floss and brush twice a day, mouthwashing on and off, and I only drink water.

I’m a very anxious person when it comes to my appearance, my teeth being no exception - feel like I’m spinning my wheels here...any 2 cents would be appreciated.

Thanks

Harry

carole

carole

Forum Buddy
Hi :welcome:to the forum.

You sound as if you are doing all the right things. The only other thing I can suggest is to floss with an easy glide floss or use interdental brushes to get inbetween your teeth.

Merry Christmas and all the best :xmastree::butterfly:

H

hatemyself

Yep, all sounds good to me! Only one other thing I would say is cut down on snacking as this interrupts the teeth's progress combating decay. Or something along those lines. But seriously though.

Merry christmas!