• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I’m probably making too much of this

H

Harrythomas14

I’m 20 years old, athletic, fit and have been binge eating for 5 years. I’m finally getting help with this and am determined not to make it a 6th year.

The amount of sugar I consume in these binges has had an effect on my teeth; they feel worn a great deal of the time, even though I eat a relatively low sugar diet the rest of the time (these binges happen once a fortnight or so, but used to happen around 2-3 times per week).

Like I say, I’m getting help for this, but I don’t know what else I can do for my teeth in the meantime; I barely drink, I floss and brush twice a day, mouthwashing on and off, and I only drink water.

I’m a very anxious person when it comes to my appearance, my teeth being no exception - feel like I’m spinning my wheels here...any 2 cents would be appreciated.

Thanks

Harry

carole

carole

Forum Buddy
Hi :welcome:to the forum.

You sound as if you are doing all the right things. The only other thing I can suggest is to floss with an easy glide floss or use interdental brushes to get inbetween your teeth.

Merry Christmas and all the best :xmastree::butterfly:

H

hatemyself

Yep, all sounds good to me! Only one other thing I would say is cut down on snacking as this interrupts the teeth's progress combating decay. Or something along those lines. But seriously though.

Merry christmas!