• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I’m so afraid

T

Tiffa48

I broke my tooth about 2 years ago and the gums have grown over the broken tooth quite a bit. I’m sure my gums will have to be shaved down because they are high and noticeable if I open my mouth wide enough. I’m so afraid of the dentist I know it has to be done because I’m afraid of it causing other health concerns but my fear keeps me from the dentist. I’m terrified of the surgery how intense it is how long it last and how long will the recovery be? I just need answers I did go to a dentist last year before my gums got to bad and he said the tooth is still in the roots so it had to come out but now my gums have grown so much over the tooth that I’m afraid of the procedure.

Don’t be too afraid of the treatment. It is the same procedure as an impacted tooth. And the same healing time as an extraction (a couple of weeks for the initial healing andna few weeks to a few months for it to heal completely in the socket.

This question comes up so often you'd think there would some kind of Frequently Asked Question about it... oh wait...

Don't worry about it, much easier to deal with a root than the whole tooth.

This question comes up so often you'd think there would some kind of Frequently Asked Question about it... oh wait...

Don't worry about it, much easier to deal with a root than the whole tooth.

How is it easier to remove? Do they have to cut away the gum to access the tooth? What if the tooth is decayed below the gumline and is just a retained root with just a tiny bit of tooth left on the side?

Read the link...
Not usually.
So what?

Back