• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I am having a panic attack! Please Help!

S

scaredofeverything99

I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (All impacted). I will be under moderate oral sedation and laughing gas, and my oral surgeon says the whole thing should only take an hour. But I am so scared.. I was originally gonna do GA but decided against for several reasons and can't change it. What if it hurts? What if it's super scary? Is it going to be the longest hour of my life?? What if I get nerve damage? What if something goes horribly wrong? What if I get dry socket? I hope someone can calm my fears..... I still have to wait a week. I have been in tears.

Scared of everything,

This is a big step you are taking and I can understand why you are nervous and anxiety can be so mean sometimes making us worry and coming up with all kinds of what ifs for us.. One thing I have done is turned my what if's into positives as hard as it is when worry comes upon,

What if, they are super good and you don't feel a thing? what if it is over before you know, what if you leave thinking, wow that wasn't as bad as I thought at all, what if you have the best recovery you could think of. now we know recovery is not a walk in the park. but.. sometimes its not as bad as we imagine. , what if everyone is gentle and patient and extra kind that treat you? everytime you get a worry what if.. try to come up with an oppostie positive what if.. it helped get my mind off the worry when I did this.. not to say its easy .. or downplay any anxiety because it is real... but.. maybe it will help ..

Back