• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I am new here

J

Jean

Hi Guys, I am so very humbled to write to you all. To read of your stories and your bravery to overcome that which causes us all to be so fearful. To read of the support you all have for each other. Its wonderful. I even cried when reading some of your stories.
I have a dental phobic and I thought mine was bad until I read of some of the heart-breaking stories that I have read this evening. I can say truthfully that you all have given me much encouragement.
My dentist has recommended that I have an upper wisdom tooth out because it cannot be repaired and I don't want that to happen! I am 53. I am not in pain but I am extremely scared of pain. Because of migraines, I already take a lot of Aspirin and I am afraid that I will not stop any bleeding because my blood will not clot. My dentist has recommended that I have gas and O2 but can I take Valium which will enable me to get there in the first place?
Even writing this, confronting this, is making me feel not well. I fear I have a bit of a journey to go on.
Blessings to all
Jean

Hi Jean and a very warm :welcome:
What horrid news about your wisdom tooth. I'm sure lets will be along soon and she will have answers to your specific questions, but all of us know how fearsome dental treatment can be. There are lots of things good dentists can now do about pain...are you happy with your current dentist?
Keep posting and let us know how we can help. :grouphug:

Back