• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I am really scared of my dentist.

My tooth didn’t have a fracture at all and it was the result of the water pic busting through a 21 year old cavity that you can’t see through a X-ray. There has to be a better way and I know of one but I am not sharing my thoughts without getting any credit.

Tooth was finally pulled and I am in pain. This doesn’t look normal to me. Will the gum go back to normal?

Attachments

• 8CE03BFE-420F-4CAE-8248-C2C11BE85582.png
    8CE03BFE-420F-4CAE-8248-C2C11BE85582.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 18
Apart from the pain, any other symptoms? Bad taste? Smell? Is the pain responding to painkillers? Can't tell you anything useful from that photo.

The gum is sunk in. The pain is responding to painkillers when I mix it with suppository for nausea. For the most part the pain is gone and I am not going to look at the tooth for a while. Will it get back to “normal” on its own or will the dentist have to build it back with bone graphs? I am so depressed over this.

Attachments

• 9B087F91-2ED1-4FC1-A03E-FBB13B069BFD.png
    9B087F91-2ED1-4FC1-A03E-FBB13B069BFD.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 5
Mine looked like that as well. It will fill in over time, but it does take awhile. It takes some getting used to. I had two molars extracted last October, the first extractions since I was a kid and had teeth pulled for braces. It was pretty devastating to me, especially since I had both pulled within two weeks, an upper molar and a lower on the opposite side. I did get bone grafting with the lower and had an implant post put in. Even with the bone grafting, the gums sunk in after the swelling went down. It surprised me as well. My gums were completely grown in after 3 months on the bottom molar, and about four months on the top.

Its pretty scary but what’s worse is thinking hindsight. You know the saying about Hindsight being 20/20 ?? I am in denial still about how my molar had a cavity just show up overnight. I am 46 years old and started Miralax every morning for over a year. My calcium levels were okay but now My calcium levels are depleted. My tooth pretty much broke when my floss got stuck under my tooth. I am now trying to get them back up. Has anyone ever heard of MiraLax causing cavities pretty much overnight? I am reading google information because I have no other source.

Its pretty scary but what’s worse is thinking hindsight. You know the saying about Hindsight being 20/20 ?? I am in denial still about how my molar had a cavity just show up overnight. I am 46 years old and started Miralax every morning for over a year. My calcium levels were okay but now My calcium levels are depleted. My tooth pretty much broke when my floss got stuck under my tooth. I am now trying to get them back up. Has anyone ever heard of MiraLax causing cavities pretty much overnight? I am reading google information because I have no other source.

My upper molar had a cavity under the crown that did not show up in x rays. The dentist discovered it after she was redoing the crown. She said that sometimes they can hide behind/under the crowns or metal fillings. Mine seemed like it just came out of nowhere as well, as I had zero pain at all. Same thing with my front tooth. As a 9 year old, I got knocked in the mouth and chipped my front tooth. Seemed like nothing...the dentist put on a filling and it never hurt. This year I find out I had a huge abscess above that tooth, that has been growing undetected, as the tooth died (with no pain at all). All stemming from the injury as a child.

I know what you mean, though. My other molar just had a tiny filling in it, no decay, but the tiny filling aggravated the nerve enough that it developed irreversible pulpitis and I opted to have it extracted rather than go through another failed root canal. The dentist couldn't believe it went bad like that, right after the filling.

I am so sorry for your pain.

You can’t really tell that my tooth is gone but it still hurts.

Attachments

• 13548982-6FB8-4C44-AD3B-813F5020BE4F.jpeg
    13548982-6FB8-4C44-AD3B-813F5020BE4F.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 11
You can’t really tell that my tooth is gone but it still hurts.
You can't tell at all. You have a beautiful smile! I hope the pain goes away soon for you.

Back