• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I can do this!

V

Veedubber

Visited the dentist a fortnight ago. I’ve had numerous extractions previously.

Didn’t have x rays as I had children in tow. Not wise but I didn’t have another option.

I need 12 fillings, not on 12 teeth, I think it’s about 9 or 10 teeth.

First appointment for work to start tomorrow morning, hopefully have X-rays done tomorrow and find out if there’s anything else to be done. Which I’m petrified about.

Hoping this little journal will help me see how far I can come and how I can do this!

I’m determined to be able to smile in photos with my children in a years time.

Yeah!

Go for it.

Keep us posted.

So visited today, they were running 20 min late so I sat and chatted with the nurse who happens to be a friend.

Went in and explained I was nervous. Had numbing and then took care of X-rays, will find out the results of them in a fortnight if my friend doesn’t tell me before. Still scared about what the X-rays might have shown tho.

I had 3 lower molar fillings, not a single bit of pain and the dentist told me each stage. She was amazing. Really put me at ease.

I’ve got 8 fillings to have on my upper front in a fortnight and we’ve booked a long appointment to get them all done at the same time. I’m looking forward to it, still nervous but feeling a lot better.

I also had a clean and my teeth look marginally better. Some staining has gone. I have some more staining left which I’m unsure if that will go with another clean or if I need to do something else about it.

I’ve done 1/4 of the work though and I’m so happy! Really proud of myself and know I can get through the rest.

So a quick message from my friend saying the Dentist Just did the report on my X-rays and I don’t need any further work after the next fillings. I feel so much better!

That’s such good news! You sound like such a strong person and that you’re going to breeze on through this. :)

So I’ve been for my final fillings. I’ve had 12 in total and decided I’d tackle the last 9 in one go. I was there an hour and they’re all done!

I usually have numbing gel before injections but there wasn’t any today so I just went for it. Smarted a little on the front ones but I got through it.

My teeth look amazing when I compare them to my before and after shots.

I’m ridiculously numb now tho, going to sleep it off.

Booked in for teeth whitening on Thursday and I’m so excited to get my impressions. It’s my reward to myself for getting through it all.

I did it! I really did it!

Back