• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I did it! Extractions and IV Sedation! Awsomeness!

S

Stribdawg

Today was the day for my top right wisdom tooth extraction and the tooth next to it. I was a nervous wreck! I cried all morning and tried to find every reason to cancel. I got to the Surgeon's Office at 10:00 this morning to make my payment and sign a few papers. They immediately called me back. I started crying more! The 2 nurses were AWESOME!!! They talked to me the entire time they were getting everything prepared. First, they did the blood pressure cuff, then put the heart monitor on, then the monitor on my trach so they could monitor the sound of my breathing, then the oxygen thing on my finger, then the oxygen over my nose. That's when the Dr came in! My heart started racing like crazy! The Dr was AWESOME! He talked to me and made me feel very comfortable. He kept the conversation going... the last thing I remember we were talking about my husband and the next thing I know I was being woke up. Don't remember getting to the car or the ride home. The entire experience was NOTHING like I expected! I have not had 1 pain pill. There is a little bit of swelling and soreness in my jaw but that's it! It is 9:25 at night now. I promise! I can't believe I freaked about this like I did! The only part that sucks is not getting to eat whatever I want and making that payment for the part that insurances wouldn't cover. Lol. Please believe me, it is totally not worth freaking out about. Good luck to those of you out there that are just like me... looking over and over this website reading the stories! This website helped me tremendously! Rock on and you can do it! :)

Back