I did it thanks to wonderful dentist

Y

Yorkiegal

Back home minus 3 teeth and I did it without sedation or Gas and air. The dentist thought I'd feel more in control and less likely to dissociate this way and she was right. I focussed on her voice, my friends hand squeezing mine and the radio in the background and these things all kept me in the present. She took the injection so slowly and told me in advance everything that was going to happen and asked my permission throughout. One tooth popped out and landed on my neck. She said I'd put up with them so long my body was doing its best to get rid of them. Lots more work to do and she's going to phone me later to discuss it when I am diazapam free as I was too relaxed to give informed consent in her opinion. I'm so happy and not in much pain either. First extraction ever and first treatment in 26 years

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well done, Yorkiegal! It's amazing that you managed to go without sedation or gas! And it is very encouraging for all the people who are at the beginning of the journey and haven't plucked up the courage yet. Happy to hear that you have a nice dentist who knows how to work with nervous patients.

P

Peaceandhope

Yay you!!! So good to read when one of us gets through something! Hope you continue to be pain free!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N How did it come to this Support 4
P Why did my upper tooth extraction hurt? I felt it breaking out of the bone. Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 2
T Why did this happen? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 1
A Finally did it! So glad. Share Your Success Story! 5
S I did it! Support 4
L Did I actually need a root canal? ( Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 2
M I did it Share Your Success Story! 3
kitkat Why did you choose your dentist? Share Your Fears and Cast Your Votes 14
Freyja OMG i actually did it Share Your Success Story! 3
turtlelove What did I get myself into? Support 11
O I did it! Share Your Success Story! 5
O Something encouraging to share: Yesterday I did it. Share Your Success Story! 5
Susanne What did you eat after wisdom tooth extraction? Wisdom Teeth 7
E Did my filling fell out? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 3
_IHateTeeth_ It took 12 years for me to get my wisdom teeth out. I did it! Wizzie removal success stories 3
Punkerpants I finally did go... Support 5
M I did it! Share Your Success Story! 4
T What age did you finally face your phobia? Dental Phobia Discussion, News and Events 4
C Where did my post for advice go? Support 2
S I Finally Did It! Share Your Success Story! 7
E Dental Fear as a Parent - When did you bring your kids in for the first time? Support 11
S I did it! Share Your Success Story! 3
J Did my gum disease reappear? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 1
Punkerpants I finally did it but... Support 10
I I did it!!! Three root canals in one appointment!! Share Your Success Story! 7
R Did my wisdom teeth stitches fall off too early? Before and after pictures Wisdom Teeth 1
N How long did your composite resin fillings last? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 6
S I did it. Took me 14 years. Share Your Success Story! 3
S I did it Share Your Success Story! 6
L I felt my tooth being pulled, how and why did this happen? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 2
F Finally did it and so should you! Share Your Success Story! 2
S Just did it! Share Your Success Story! 2
S How long did it take you to get your Permenant dentures ? Support 1
M Poll: Is it bad that my dentist didn't use a rubber dam on me when he did my root canal? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 3
S What did the oral surgeon give you for pain? Support 4
S Oh man I did it! I really did it (iv sedation + extractions) Share Your Success Story! 7
S Did the dentist rip me off/create an issue? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 2
W I did it! Share Your Success Story! 10
D I finally did it. Share Your Success Story! 0
Enarete Feeling like haven't been there? Did you have it too? Support 7
S I Did It! Share Your Success Story! 3
S i did it you can to :) Share Your Success Story! 0
S I did it! Two root extractions on opposite upper sides... (LONG) Share Your Success Story! 3
O 1 Month Until 1st Cleaning with New Dentist that Did Front Teeth Fillings. Nervous. Support 6
D Why did the Dentist not take photo of cracked tooth? He only took X-rays. Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 5
M I did it! Support 4
T I did IV Sedation for 3 fillings today (UK, Private Dentist) Share Your Success Story! 1
M 18 years - I did it! Share Your Success Story! 20
L I only went and did it!!! Share Your Success Story! 0
L So scared but I did it! Share Your Success Story! 2