• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

I fear that some thing has gone wrong with my implants

T

tooth123

All the time some thing goes wrong and recently I have 3 more implants please see the image
it seems some thing is wrong ?

G

geos

Seems those implants will support multiple teeth. I noticed that in images for implants that replace all teeth the implants are often in an angle. Did your dentist mention anything?

T

tooth123

Seems those implants will support multiple teeth. I noticed that in images for implants that replace all teeth the implants are often in an angle. Did your dentist mention anything?
I asked my dentist the upside implants are not straight he said this is normal for front teeth
I will put bridge on front. I have to wait for 6 months for them to heal . so is this ok
Also looking at other teeth do you see any infection or any thing gone wrong?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Lower right hand side is a mess, I assume you know that?
@comfortdentist knows more about implants than me, hopefully he'll chip in on the rest.

T

tooth123

Lower right hand side is a mess, I assume you know that?
@comfortdentist knows more about implants than me, hopefully he'll chip in on the rest.
Hi thanks for reply yes I know , I can't afford working on that tooth now will it last a year or two?
I am right now spending my money on upper teeth. The lower tooth is about 8 years old and it is my fault I did not care much about it and did not visit dentist regularly by that time I was a heavy smoker but have stopped smoking 5 years ago and now I understand. I wonder if the lower foot will not get worst for a year or two so I can afford getting a new implant there as well.

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
Looks like they were placed at an angle to maximize length. While that is no longer considered important in implant dentistry I do suspect that was the reason. For most all implants system we can have cad/cam milled abutments made which are custom parts made to order for you that can correct for angle issues.
Also panoramic x-rays don't show angles well so your positioning could contribute partially to how the image appears.
great that you don't smoke anymore