• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I felt everything :(

V

vikixc

So at 9.40 this morning I had my top left wisdom tooth out. They gave 2 shots, waited 15 minutes then proceeded to pull it it came out in 2 parts because it broke and omg I have never felt pain like it in my life. I actually tried to stop her (but failed) she just kept saying it was pressure it was not pressure, it felt like all of my top teeth were coming out at the same time.
It didn't hurt afterwards and the pain stopped pretty fast and it was over in about a minute, but I just want to know is it normal to feel this kind of pain?

Viki, was there any infection or severe decay? That could be why you felt pain. She should have stopped and gave you more local. That is kind of what happened to me when I had my top wizzies removed. The os that did it didn't pull and tug he elevates them then drills around the roots so they will let go. I never felt any pain whatsoever on my left side but when he went to drilling around the roots on the right side it hurt and I felt pain. I started waving my arm around and he did not stop either. It didn't take too long though thankfully. It upsets me when they try to tell us we don't know the difference between pain and pressure. :mad: My goodness.. after all you just had an impacted wisdom tooth extracted. I think you would know the difference. Anyway, the right side that hurt me was the tooth that had a big decayed hole in the back of it. I'm not sure if that is why I felt pain on that side or if it just wasn't numbed up good enough. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Glad it was over quickly but I think I would have to work out a signal and stop agreement with that dentist.

Viki, was there any infection or severe decay? That could be why you felt pain. She should have stopped and gave you more local. That is kind of what happened to me when I had my top wizzies removed. The os that did it didn't pull and tug he elevates them then drills around the roots so they will let go. I never felt any pain whatsoever on my left side but when he went to drilling around the roots on the right side it hurt and I felt pain. I started waving my arm around and he did not stop either. It didn't take too long though thankfully. It upsets me when they try to tell us we don't know the difference between pain and pressure. :mad: My goodness.. after all you just had an impacted wisdom tooth extracted. I think you would know the difference. Anyway, the right side that hurt me was the tooth that had a big decayed hole in the back of it. I'm not sure if that is why I felt pain on that side or if it just wasn't numbed up good enough. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Glad it was over quickly but I think I would have to work out a signal and stop agreement with that dentist.

Yeah it was abscessed and decayed and it broke in half when they were getting it out, she just used a pole thing and it snapped out in two pieces. Oh well I guess I should be grateful I dont have to have anymore out :)

I had the same thing whilst getting my molar pulled, my dentist had to use a scapel like tool to put alot of pressure on the tooth to make it loose, and it broke into peices and he had to take it out root by root.

The only time i could feel pain was when he was applying the pressure to my tooth, i could feel the pressure on my jawbone and it wasn't a nice sensation, pretty painful.

So at 9.40 this morning I had my top left wisdom tooth out. They gave 2 shots, waited 15 minutes then proceeded to pull it it came out in 2 parts because it broke and omg I have never felt pain like it in my life. I actually tried to stop her (but failed) she just kept saying it was pressure it was not pressure, it felt like all of my top teeth were coming out at the same time.
It didn't hurt afterwards and the pain stopped pretty fast and it was over in about a minute, but I just want to know is it normal to feel this kind of pain?

No, it is not normal and she committed an assault on you by not stopping at your request, so you need to complain/sue etc etc.

No, it is not normal and she committed an assault on you by not stopping at your request, so you need to complain/sue etc etc.

I should also say, yesterday I pulled a big piece of tooth out of the bottom hole and some padding that was supposed to come out by itself after a few days that never did and this is what was causing a real vile taste in my mouth it must have been there for over 2 weeks, and id been back to her 3/4 times complaining about the tatse and pain but she said its just infection. Funny that, I had to pull it all out with a pair of tweezers (sorry if tmi) is this neglect? My grandmas solicitor is saying I have a case if I can gather evidence, I did take a few pictures when I had it extracted and I kept the piece of tooth that i got out yesterday, but I threw away the padding because it had gone green/yellow and smelled so bad it'd knock people out a mile away. This has actually made this past month a living hell for me. I've lost a relationship and now I have lock jaw and still no sign of a tooth guard for my bruxism. I cant help but think if I was paying id be getting the right treatment.

I had the same thing whilst getting my molar pulled, my dentist had to use a scapel like tool to put alot of pressure on the tooth to make it loose, and it broke into peices and he had to take it out root by root.

The only time i could feel pain was when he was applying the pressure to my tooth, i could feel the pressure on my jawbone and it wasn't a nice sensation, pretty painful.

It sounds similar, but honestly i thought she was ripping my jaw off.

Back