• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I finally broke down and made the call.

S

slipperyslope

I cried at the receptionist while I was making the appointment. I can't take this broken molar pain anymore. I have been googling and yelping different dentists in the area to find the one that I think I can force myself to see. I found one through this forum (so thank you guys) and I made the call. I lost whatever cool I thought I had when I started explaining to her that I was extremely phobic. Thankfully she was nothing but understanding and caring so that's a start.

Now the wait until Thursday begins. I feel like I am going to cry a few more times before then. I am still shaking after the call but this has to be fixed. I can't keep ignoring it and making it worse. I don't think there is an amount of pain that dentist can do to me that doesn't already hurt now. Eating hurts, drinking anything hurts...sleeping hurts. I decided I can't keep hurting myself :shame:

Here's to hoping I don't chicken out before the appointment.

Good luck. You sound like me... I hope I can make the appointment one day... Post how it goes...

Back