• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I had 4 of my teeth removed yesterday.What can I eat after tooth extraction ?

D

Damien1

I had 4 of my teeth removed yesterday.What can I eat after tooth extraction ?

OK so yesterday I had 2 of my molars and 2 of my wisdom teeth removed. I was scared and nervous for nothing because it all went smoothly and the oral surgeon as well as the dental assistant were extremely nice. polite and professional. They gave me some sort of a sedative and I did not feel anything. I don't know what happened if I feel asleep because I cannot remember anything. The only thing that I did feel was the sutures that the oral surgeon put in.

I did not eat anything yesterday. All I ate today was some yogurt and ice cream.
So I was wondering what should I eat after having teeth extracted ? Can I have some scrambled eggs or hard boiled eggs.

Re: I had 4 of my teeth removed yesterday.What can I eat after tooth extraction ?

Hi Damien1,

Welcome to the forum! Firstly well done for getting through the extractions! It is a big step and you should be proud of yourself. I'm so glad the procedure went well for you. I think your post of a positive experience will help some of the people on here who are fearful of extractions.

Here's a link to a list of post-extraction food ideas:

Hope this helps,
happy healing
$pAnNa!

Re: I had 4 of my teeth removed yesterday.What can I eat after tooth extraction ?

I ate congee and corn soup with rice. It's good and soft :)

mashed potatoes
tomato soup
youghurt
pudding and cool whip
apple sauce
cocoa made with milk is a little more filling
jello
milk shakes using a spoon, no straws
baked potatoes, can always top with butter, sour cream and a little cheese. Brush the outsides with a little olive oil and spices, roll in foil to bake. You won't feel deprived:)
banana shakes

Back