• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

i had trouble going to the dentist all my life.

K

kaz_03

i cant seem to stop my self from losing it . then one day i had to go in to hospital as i had a very sore throut i sat in the chair the doc started doing her thing this thing up my nose lost it like id never do before all the bad words came out started crying wet my self as well . have to go back in feel like a nutter wat she mite think about me can anyone help me :hidesbehindsofa:

Re: i had trouble going to the dentist all my life

Hi there :welcome:,

I was reading your post and wasn't quite sure if you were talking an ear-nose-throat doctor at the hospital (because you mentioned a thing going up your nose)? If you could explain a little more, that would be great :)!

yes ear nose and throut department

So is it that you're worried about any medical care, or is it just anything to do with your face?

my dad die with throut cancer .i lost my voice needed to see her i have loads of fears as i was abused as a child and im in the middle talkin my abuser to court

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time :(. Under those circumstances, it's totally understandable why you would find this situation so upsetting.

Are you seeing a counsellor to help you deal with things at present?

yes but its not helping me . im 42 why cant i stop it i try so hard but my brain kicks in like a child defending my self its making me so unhappy

Please don't be too hard on yourself, it's natural to feel that way.
I think you're very brave for taking your abuser to court.
When you're saying counselling is not helping you, is it because you feel you're not making "progress" quickly enough, or do you feel it's going nowhere? Sometimes a change in counsellor can make a big difference.

the only thing that will help me is justice seeing her gettin time for the life she gave me . i was only a child was treated like a dog for most of my life till i ran away

I hope you will see justice.
I think it's important though that you have someone by your side through all of this and also to help you with practical stuff like doctors/dentists, hence my question if you have a counsellor you feel happy with :).

i live in scotland seeing her every month not alot of time half hour cant sort out nothing in that sortof time

There might be other counselling services available in your area, have you checked into this?

We've got a few Scottish dental connections on this board, your post is called "i had trouble going to the dentist all my life", so I'm wondering if you're looking for help on that score?

need to see dentist but feel horrible inside make me sick inside thinking about it .but one day maybe i will im gettin stronger all the time .thanks for taking the time to talk to me . need to talk sometimes helps me . :)

You're very welcome to talk :).
Let us know when you get to that stage, we've covered quite a bit of Scotland (dentist-wise) and this might be a good place for finding recommendations.
Feel free to post here anytime though, regardless of whether you're ready or not (also if you need any help with other things). As you said, you're getting stronger all the time, and talking about things helps :).

good night

night :)

Back