• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I Had Very Bad Build Up...Here To Brighten Somebody’s Day

J

jatay1985

I haven’t been on here in awhile simply because it scared me. As some of you may know, I was diagnosed with early periodontal disease in August and since then, I had my deep cleaning the following month in two separate appointments. I went back two weeks ago for a check up teeth polishing and my gums are doing great! I don’t have any residual plaque/tartar and my pockets are getting smaller. My gums are no longer inflamed. Although, I have a very small bit of recession at the bottom which may or may not require a gum graft. They want to monitor it until next month and then they will let me know. I go back next month for my fillings (I need 6) and my perio maintenance.!

What I have done is change my daily oral hygiene. I bought a $100 Oral b electric toothbrush that syncs to my phone. I brush twice a day, floss as needed, rinse with listerine and salt water twice a day and waterpik once a day. My confidence has really gone up and although I was afraid of the diagnosis, I know that I’m going to be okay!

These are after pictures! My buildup was HORRIBLE! I hadn’t seen a dentist in 20+ years until this August

Hello to those that knew my story!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 61
Back