• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I have gross tonsil stones.

MeaDrea

MeaDrea

One tonsil stone is big... but it isn't visible unless I tighten my throat to pop it out a bit.

I've tried salt water and I've tried coughing hard (now my throat hurts from doing that.) Even forcing a sneeze by looking into a bright light.

I tried to poke it with a q-tip, but i only succeed in gagging... I've been gargling with warm salt water

It feels like I have something in my throat when I swallow and I just want it gone... I'll post a pic in the comments

Here's the pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-104305_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-104305_Video Player.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 10
Not a dentist but I used to get them and would use my tongue to pop them out. It worked for me but I can see it not working if you have a sensitive gag reflex.

What is the question?

I’m guessing you might be looking for ways to get it out. I have a tongue cleaner and the handle is thin with no sharp edges, but long enough for me to reach it and poke at it to get it out. It’s not too bad for the gag reflex. Otherwise coughing and giving it a bit of time usually works.

Back