• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I have something that looks like a tooth fragment sticking out of my gums?

M

magali

Hello, i had an upper molar on my right side extracted due to decay. The extraction was in December and the tooth did break during the process, and it wasn't very easy. Last night i noticed something that looks like a very pointy tooth fragment coming out of my gums on the same side. I tried moving it and it feels tight and hurt a bit. I tried to pressure it to see if it would move back in but it didn't. I have not had any pain in my gums. What worries me is that it is not coming out from the empty extraction site. It is one molar away from where i had the other one pulled. I have not had my wisdom teeth come in and i don't figure this is the case. Does anyone have any ideas, can it possibly be from the molar i had extracted on that side/ I'm very worried so i would appreaciae the help. Thanks. :shame:

Re: I have something that looks like a tooth fragment sticking out of my gums?

Don't panic. Bone chips and tooth fragments can work their way out of the gums after an extraction. They can take weeks or even months to emerge. If you can't pluck it out on your own, a dentist can numb you and remove it in at most 5 to 10 minutes. Maybe the dentist who did the extraction for you will take it out for free.

Back