• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

i love you all

B

blueice6102

recently i have became great friends with a deaf woman. i have seen how tight the deaf community is. i feel the same thing within the dental anxiety community. i just want to say happy new year & i love you all. wish there could be some kind of meet up/gathering/convention for us. it feels like many dentists dont want to treat us.. because we freak out.. and many of us need excessive work. they put us down, embarrass us.. make us feel unwelcome.

Love you too I think it is very important for all of us to stay together because we all support each other and cheer each other on so we really are like a big family

Love you to nice to meet you.

Dave.:)

thanks to you both. i just hate when dentists look disgusted at our mouths & talk down to us & dont want to treat us because its such a extensive process.. for those of us who have neglected dental care for many years.

thanks to you both. i just hate when dentists look disgusted at our mouths & talk down to us & dont want to treat us because its such a extensive process.. for those of us who have neglected dental care for many years.

i was the same didnt see a dentist in years because of being too embarrassed of the state of my teeth. i could take the children to see him but when it came to me there was no way. but all my top teeth had broken off and i really needed to do something about it so i did finally pluck up the courage and the dentist i saw was very understanding towards me and talked through all she was going to do and so i had 8 extractions and a top denture fitted the same day and that was about 4wks ago now and i am glad i did it as at the end of it i will have a great smile and can show this off at my daughters wedding in march. you will get there with the help of others on here as i did with their help.
all the best for the future.

This is the friendliest, most helpful and supportive web group I have ever been part of. Thank you all, and Happy New Year.:)

Back