• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I officially have defeated my phobia.

K

Knightsaber

For years, dental phobia. What can I say? You all know what it's like. And last year finally kicked myself enough to start an eight month path to freedom. It had ups, downs, car chases (not really) and explosions (not those either).

I realized a few months ago that I was looking forward to my dental visits, because I had an awesome dental student that understood my fear. I will admit the pain after my two sets of extractions played a big part, and being left without teeth for months...after all that, what else could they do to me? So my fear just went away. I didn't realize it for quite a while, but it slowly vanished the more dental trips I made. Exposure therapy? Maybe. Pain and agony therapy? Maybe.

In any case, I declare myself an official success story. I went from crumbling, black, horrific teeth with constant breaks, cracks, holes and infections, to the best fitting dentures that I've ever heard of. I'll take them any day of the week over what I was suffering before.

I have my next appointment in a year. (A year!) Just to make sure everything fits and is still awesome. It will be.

And I'm looking forward to going.

Case closed.

Case closed...no better words can be spoken here. I pray that is the end of your story. But stay with us thru the upcoming year, just in case.
Bravo, dear friend. You've done something pretty dang special.

how nice to hear.
you and your (future) dentist did both great.:jump:

So glad to hear this. I remember what an ordeal it all was for you. So glad you have conquered.