• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I saw a dentist & endodonstist in one day!!

S

smyi2

I just wanted to let you guys know how my day went. I went to see my dentist today to do the deep cleaning. I did have a Valium but I didn't have any anesthesia. They use the little took to pick out mineral deposits on my teeth and polished them. It felt a little weird becase she would take the pick and scrape deposits off my teeth. On the other hand, there was no real pain involved :) . The hygienist was very nice and I left with a bunch of goodies!

Right after that, I went straight to the endodonstist to do a re-root canal. I was really nervous about this one. They offered me IV sedation, but I braved it out and told them no IV sedation :) . They put a guard on my mouth so the only tooth shown was the one they needed to work on. They used a Q-tip and numbed a little area inside my mouth and gave me two shots of Novocaine. It felt like s pinch which wasn't bad at all. In about 15 mins, my whole right side was numb. They went in and did their work which took about 45 mins. I didn't feel anything. Actually, I have more pain now since the Novocaine wore off. The tooth is pretty sore right now, but he says it is normal and it will take a few days for the pain to settle.

The only problem I have right now is eating. My right side I just had the re-root canal and my left side I have fillings last week (which are still sensitive).

He gave me 800 mg motrin and antibiotics which are suppose to help.

Over all, It was nothing to cry about. I just wish the pain right now would subside!

Last edited:
Well done smy12 on getting throug your root cannal and the cleaning, - seeing the dentist twice in one day! I hope the sensitivity you are experiencing goes soon. Keep in touch.

Great going! Pain from root canals is normal and may last for two weeks. It may even feel worse than a toothache but this normal. Best of luc!

Back