• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

I started with the phone call

V

Vix

Small update. I didn't get an appointment last week, no reason in particular, just falling into bad habits again and having my mental excuse of "I'm tired from work" creeping in. I tried to get an appointment this week, however my dentist is on holidays for a few days. Fingers crossed I'll be back on the mission next week.

V

Vix

I've slipped up, but partially with good reason, I got a new job and got out of a toxic environment. Gonna try and get back on my journey again.

F

frostgirl

Vix, I want to say good for you on getting out of a toxic environment, it's never easy.

We're all here ready to support you in your decisions.

Could you possibly reach out to the dentist you saw in March and explain the situation to them?

V

Vix

Vix, I want to say good for you on getting out of a toxic environment, it's never easy.

We're all here ready to support you in your decisions.

Could you possibly reach out to the dentist you saw in March and explain the situation to them?
Thank you, my old work environment was detrimental to my overall wellbeing, my new work environment is like night and day in comparison.

I'm hoping to do so, I just have to wait for my next work rota. I hate being so panicky about all this. I'm literally feeling shakey, wanting to cry and I'm getting a tightness in my chest just writing this, it makes it harder to just make a stupid phone call.

F

frostgirl

Thank you, my old work environment was detrimental to my overall wellbeing, my new work environment is like night and day in comparison.

I'm hoping to do so, I just have to wait for my next work rota. I hate being so panicky about all this. I'm literally feeling shakey, wanting to cry and I'm getting a tightness in my chest just writing this, it makes it harder to just make a stupid phone call.
I feel you. Last year when I was trying to make an appointment I felt shaky and a tightness in my chest whenever I dialled the number. Could you try breaking it into smaller steps. Could you possible email them to get them to give you a ring? Or could you try writing down what you want to say to them, so that when you're ready, you have your words there for you. I hope these help.

kitkat

kitkat

Super Moderator
Staff member

It is so hard to get things rolling again after taking time away from it. Anxiety sneaks back in so easily. Congrats on your new job. I can relate to being in a toxic work environment and breaking free from that can be life changing. Just think about how far ahead of the starting line you are this time; you have a dentist you like and have already had positive experiences with to build upon and you already know what needs doing. You are starting off with a real advantage this time!