• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I survived my 4th dental trip this year

K

kclady36

Man o man I had a rough dental year. I rarely been to a dentist in 20 years. When I first joined this board I was trying to get courage to go get an embedded object taken out. I got that done then a wisdom tooth removed, then a filling replaced but she did a core buildup, and today i went in thinking that one tiney little cavity needed drilled and filled. Nope, the tooth next to it needed drilled. It had like 2 or 3 cavities on the one tooth. yikes! I survived. The worst part was hearing the drill. I can honestly say that going to the dentist is not as bad as you expect. Yes you may get a small lecture but so far the visits were pain free. I think if I can survive the work the past 6 months i can survive any dental procedure. But I tell you I came so close to canceling. What worries me is I have used my anual maximum up for the year. I am stressing out that i will need work before the new benefit year starts. I guess ill tackle that issue if and when it happens. I still need repair done to my implant and I need 3 additional crowns. Yikes! I think I have overcome the fear finally of actually getting into a dentists chair but my fear of not being able to pay is overwheming.

[highlight]I think I have overcome the fear finally of actually getting into a dentists chair but my fear of not being able to pay is overwheming. [/highlight]
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I have accepted the quote I got after my initial consultation and have confirmed the appointments, but am now awaiting news whether I will be accepted for new credit card I've applied for and/or loan just to pay for it all.

Back