• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I think I might be suffering from TMJ

A

Amy1241

I looked up the symptoms, first off I know I clench my teeth. This morning I woke up with sore teeth and jaw, my back of neck and shoulders are stiff, my ears feel clogged up, I get a bit dizzy, and I get headaches in the back of my head, I told my parents, they just think it's a cold or something, I am pretty sure it's not. Should I see a dentist or doctor. It just got worse this morning.

Sounds more like TMJ, see a dentist.

Sounds like maybe it's overall tension in that area, jaw, neck and shoulders. Or have you had some recent changes to your bite... crowns, fillings?? Maybe explore something like the Bowen technique which is excelllent for TMJ and other muscle problems in that area... Treats the whole complex area of joints and how the muscles support them and rebalances things. It's a more holistic way to go about it if you don't have a recent specific change to your bite.

Back