• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I thought i had moved forward, but...

S

Serge123

I forced myself to make the appointment, went to the appointment, had all work to be done explained to me. So far so good. Set up another appointment to get work done, only to be sent home because blood pressure was way high ( due to anxiety i supoose). Dentist gave me prescription Valiu, to be prior to next appointmens (yes, third one)... I am frustrated because i don't really fear that much, but my BP gets out of whack...suggestions?

I forced myself to make the appointment, went to the appointment, had all work to be done explained to me. So far so good. Set up another appointment to get work done, only to be sent home because blood pressure was way high ( due to anxiety i supoose). Dentist gave me prescription Valiu, to be prior to next appointmens (yes, third one)... I am frustrated because i don't really fear that much, but my BP gets out of whack...suggestions?

Have you asked if they offer laughing gas? a lot of people swear by the gas and I am one of those people. I actually find it helps way more then the valium in my case. I've had to do 4 rounds of work consisting of deep cleaning, 2 rounds extractions, and then 2 fillings and that gas is nice. :hic:

If I have to go in for another round(got a filling a royal PIA in the cold sensitivity depo), i'm going for the gas. IF I decided to go in for my December checkup, i'm going for the gas but that is a whole nother story.

I" ll do the Valium on Monday, if that works, fine otherwise i'll find another dentist that does some kind of sedation, gas or otherwise. I am begining to think it is not the dentist i fear, but the actual BP taking (fear to get high readings as I usually do?). Hmmm, the mind works in mysterious ways i guess...thanks for your reply. Somehow I thought I was the only one with dentist issues.

I've never had my BP taken at the dentist. I wonder why they would do that if you're not having sedation or unless you have medical issues. I'm sure mine is always through the roof when I'm there.

I" ll do the Valium on Monday, if that works, fine otherwise i'll find another dentist that does some kind of sedation, gas or otherwise. I am begining to think it is not the dentist i fear, but the actual BP taking (fear to get high readings as I usually do?). Hmmm, the mind works in mysterious ways i guess...thanks for your reply. Somehow I thought I was the only one with dentist issues.

You're not alone. Ever since I started my journey march 31st(initial visit) it's been almost nothing but either dentist trips or my partials trying to kick my hind end into next week or dreading when I have to put the stupid things in since I can't eat right with them in. I've got the uppers not agreeing with me, the lower ones are causing issues in one spot, and i'm still having cold sensitivity issues with one of the fillings so i'll have to drag myself in next week and get that straightened out. REALLY? It's gotten to the point that I wonder if it's possible to rent a room at the office!

I had the initial visit, deep cleaning, molds, upper extractions, lower extractions plus got the partials, fillings, 2 trips for the uppers, 1 trip for uppers PLUS a trip for the cold sensitivity, 4 trips relating to the lowers, and now i'm looking at a trip for uppers and lowers and the filling PLUS there's still the December check up IF I choose to go!!! Where's the brake to get off this crazy ride!!!!

This has gone past ridiculous and is making at least a second lap! The teeth plus the left over tooth parts(or what ever you would call it) that I had extracted(14 in all, whee what a FUN time that was) NEVER gave me this much trouble!!!

I had my BP taken by an oral surgeon before an extraction. I was very panicked and made the machine go crazy :/

He made me wait and calm down before he did anything.

Update...after taking 10 mg Valium last nigh, 10 mg more 1 hour prior to appointment and 10 more while sitting at the chair, freaking BP never let go, staying 185/120 after 6 readings. I am fed up and will not do aything more until freaking tooth rottens inside my mouth...then i ll see what my options are. What kind of a freak am i that 30 mg Valium will not put me at rest?

Is it possible that your BP is always high? Have you seen your doctor about this? That is VERY high -- even for someone who is anxious. So sorry you have to go through this!

Average BP at home is 140/85....i am through with this....

Back