• Welcome! It's great to see you.

Most of our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who have an extreme fear of the dentist, or a fear of specific things that they dread about dental visits. Other members have had these fears at some point in their lives. Amongst our membership there is a wealth of expertise that has been developed through having to deal with dental phobia and anxiety.

We are an actively moderated forum with a team of experienced moderators that works hard to keep the forum safe for visitors and members.

We are also lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators, who can help with any dental (or other!) questions you may have. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dentist. We are always happy to welcome new dentists to our community - please do join in the discussions!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

If I cancel dental insurance, If crown gets loose, will dentist re-crown it free of charge?

F

FreshCool

If I cancel dental insurance, If crown gets loose, will dentist re-crown it free of charge?

My crown got loose after 6 months and my dentist re-crown it free of charge!

But now I am thinking to cancel my dental insurance.... its more like a dental discount. its called Safe Guard. if i cancel it..... what if in the future my crown got loose again and need to re-crown it? Will my dentist do it free of charge like before? also can I go to a new dentist and re-crown it? or must be with same dentist that did the crown?

D

decan

Re: If I cancel dental insurance, If crown gets loose, will dentist re-crown it free of charge?

By "re crow"n do you mean your dentist made a whole new crown? Or just re-cementing it? Either way, it's at the discretion of your dentist whether it will be free. A new dentist will most definitely charge you.

F

FreshCool

Re: If I cancel dental insurance, If crown gets loose, will dentist re-crown it free of charge?

By "re crow"n do you mean your dentist made a whole new crown? Or just re-cementing it? Either way, it's at the discretion of your dentist whether it will be free. A new dentist will most definitely charge you.
Yes when I said re-crown I meant re-cement with the same crown. One of my crown got loose and came off after 6 months, I took the crown to the dentist and they re-cement it free of charge.

If I cancel my dental insurance and if in the future the crown came off again say like 5 year or so, will my dentist re-cement it free of charge like before? even when I canceled the dental insurance?

Or canceling the dental insurance does not matter?

and basically I must re-cement the crown with the same dentist that installed the crown?

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist

5 years from now you will pay.
I presume that you have a rather short tooth as crowns rarely come off.

F

FreshCool

5 years from now you will pay.
I presume that you have a rather short tooth as crowns rarely come off.
is it common to pay a fee to re-cement a crown after 5 years or so? That doesn't sound cool. Anyway what about say like 2 years? is it still normal for most dentist to charge to re-cement after 2 years? and how much dentist usually charge for a re-cement?

so canceling the dental insurance doesn't have to do with it.

Yes my real 4 tooth under the crown is short. They drill it so tiny and short that even myself thinks if it supose to be so tiny...... is it supose to be so tiny? Why one of it got loose and came out is because I have a habit of biting down my teeth when i sleep.... one time i bite down so hard that i woke up in the middle of a night. A day later my crown was loose and had to re-cement it.

Last edited:
D

decan

It's easiest if you ask your dentist what his policy is. Everybody is different.

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist

Sometimes the tooth is really too short for a crown then you have to have gum surgery to expose more of the tooth before you do the crown.