• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ilan Preiss, City of London

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Ilan Preiss
Bow Lane Dental Group
2a Bow Lane
London EC4M 9EE
Tel: 020 7236 3600
www.bowlanedental.com

"I'm new to this board but can't recommend highly enough the Bow Lane dental group www.bowlanedental.com

I have (had!!) a real dental phobia for the past 15 years and avoid them at all costs. i had to find a dentist (my teeth are in a bad way!!) and after researching rang bow lane. i was so bad i was even in tears just talking to the receptionist!! (who was lovely!!)

i managed to actually go for my appointment (when i got there i refused to sit in the chair or let the dentist anywhere near my teeth at 1st!) and came out smiling!! I can't explain how phobic i used to be (i had to have IV sedation just to visit the hygeinist in the past!!) and by the end of my appointment managed to have x-rays etc with no problem at all. my dentist is Ilan priest and i can honestly say his manner and that of the place and all the staff have cured a lifelong problem. during that 1st appointment we just chatted for about 45mins 1st. he explained everything he was going to do & didn't do anything i dodn't want. I've had 2 hygeinist appointments since which were actually quite relaxing, and in 2 weeks i'm going to have 4 crowns replaced on my front teeth and 2 wisdome teeth removed ... get this .... without any sedaton!! (just the injections!) and i'm actually looking forward to it just for amazing knowledge that i have found somewhere which really has helped me overcome all my fears! (You get to watch dvd's during treatment with earphones in so you can hear and see nothing!!) i also opted for whitening and with my new crowns in 2 weeks i am going to have a beautiful smile for the 1st time ever!

the only downside is that its a private dentist and not cheap - but its worth every penny to me! "

(posted by: apple)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilan is my dentist; he's the kindest dentist I've ever been treated by, and I also appreciate his sense of humour. I have the feeling that he is working with me rather than inflicting treatment upon me, which is very important.

My teeth did look quite manky before I went to Bow Lane, but they're really attractive now and I have no pain for the first time in years.

I have also seen Zaki Kanaan and Sameena Choudhry at the same practice, who were equally superb.

My hygienist is Emma Whitford, who somehow - mostly with her gentleness and just plain sweetness - manages to make hygiene appointments enjoyable.

I've found this to be a great practice.

Back