I'm a big man that love eating big food but.. got multi crown on front teeth

F

FreshCool

I'm a big man that love eating big food but.. got multi crown on front teeth

First off I'm a big man that love eating big food like restaurant hamburger, BBQ ribs, Giant Burito, Fried Chicken and just anything that is big and big portion.

These past 4,5 years I've been drinking coffee when wake up and night time relaxing sipping while watching tv or on computer screen. I dont brush my teeth for over 14 years. Lazy and I regret but I just start brushing these past 4 months after I notice the cavities. I have cavities on 2 of my front teeth near my gumline (top teeth) that looks like a mud poddle.. but not black, only light black on the edge of the poddle and it gets deeper and bigger as time pass by and the other 2 teeth, dr says it is bad but cant see with naked eyes since it is on edge or something so I finally deal with it, dr suggest crowns.

Coffee is not to blame if I brush my teeth everyday like everyone else. It is no suprise that the cavity happend to be on the front teeth because each day sipping hot coffee with cream and sugar, it touches the front teeth especially the two front teeth.

Now my front teeth is very sensitive after the crowns. I cant even eat Hamburger without ripping it out bite size each time to chew on my side teeth because I cant chew on the front. also cant eat pears without cutting piece by piece in bite size. I cant drink hot coffee like i used to or drink cold drinks because my teeth gets sensitive on it.

My question is will this go on permanently? Do I have to limit my food all the time? Do everytime I eat I must rip into bite size everytime? or will time strengthen my teeth so that I can eat like a big man once again? I love eating fast full power and big food, now that my teeth is like this I cant anymore. I am depress. Will this be permanent?

Sorry for bad grammar.

Last edited:
brit

brit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: I'm a big man that love eating big food but.. got multi crown on front teeth

If the crowns have been done properly, they should settle down in a few days or not be sensitive at all. Go back to your dentist if you continue to have issues.
If you really didn't brush for 14 years, I would have thought a professional cleaning were more in order than crowns - have they addressed the whole situation with a proper treatment plan?
Do your teeth now look and feel ok to you aside from these crowns?

Regular home care (brushing and flossing) will be important to keeping the crowns long-term so make sure you keep good oral hygiene routine up. Try using sweeteners in your coffee rather than sugar itself, you can keep the cream though.

N

norwegianchick

Re: I'm a big man that love eating big food but.. got multi crown on front teeth

Hi!

If you substitute sugar in your coffee with artificial sweetener, it will be a lot better for your teeth.

:)

F

FreshCool

Hi!

If you substitute sugar in your coffee with artificial sweetener, it will be a lot better for your teeth.

:)

I have used sweet n low in my coffee in the past but did not like the taste but I do regret, should of use it instead of sugar. Now I am afraid of drinking coffee especially in the condition right now.

If the crowns have been done properly, they should settle down in a few days or not be sensitive at all. Go back to your dentist if you continue to have issues.
If you really didn't brush for 14 years, I would have thought a professional cleaning were more in order than crowns - have they addressed the whole situation with a proper treatment plan?
Do your teeth now look and feel ok to you aside from these crowns?

Regular home care (brushing and flossing) will be important to keeping the crowns long-term so make sure you keep good oral hygiene routine up. Try using sweeteners in your coffee rather than sugar itself, you can keep the cream though.

Yes they address whole situation and treatment plan. Yes I have not brush for 14 years but probly 10 years but between those 10 years I probly brushed once in 4 months. I have not gone to dentist visit for about 14 years.

It has been about 17 days since the crown and still sensitive. Before coming home after the procedre is done, I let the dr know that the crowned teeth is sensitive, she says i should be fine the next visit but it's been about 17 days and I am nervious that it will be like this all the time.

Yes forget to mention deep cleaning too, crowns and deep clean all done at the same day. After the procedre my gum bleed for about 22 hours straight, cant sleep. Everytime fall asleep and wake up letting the salaiva stream of bleeding fall down on itself to a bag. Waking up every 7min. Before coming home after procedre has been done, the dr says my mouth may be inflame but luckly my mouth feel fine despite gum bleeds.

My 4 top teeth was not sensitive before having the crowns. I can eat anything but now after the crowns, the teeth became sensitive.. probly because all the sharpening for a crown and deep clean but only the 4 teeth that was crowned turned sensitive. Also during the procedre when they took off temperary crown and scraping stuff off, it hurt so bad that I needed a numb just for scrapping the left over stuff from the temp crown then about 14min later the numb was gone! starts to hurt again while the procedre but I managed.. atleast it dont hurt too bad like before and yes the dr dumb again before starting with the deep cleaning.

Yes my teeth look and feel ok. The two crown teeth look big at first but it looks ok after a while. I look in the mirror and no longer see wall of plaques covering my teeth. I am happy to rid the plaque/tarter. My teeth now feel smooth when touch with my tonque. Now only thing is I am nervious about is my 4 top upper teeth that was crowned. I cant bite anything on it. Been about 17 days now, still cant use my front teeth to bite. My teeth do not hurt if I dont bite anything using my front teeth.

Also small note that I been to another dental before the procedre and he says a crown for the two cavity poddle on my front teeth but he did not mention anything about the third and forth teeth. I did not settle with this dentist somehow then went to this dentist that worked on my crown now, they mention the third and fourth teeth saying it is bad that I need a crown for it but the dr at the other dental before did not mention anything about it so I was hesitate but agreed for all 4 teeth to be crowned. I trust this dr.

Last edited:
brit

brit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Glad you are happy with the care. I am surprised she would do a deep clean and crowns at the same appointment. Seems rather a lot in one go especially for an anxious patient. Also it is usually best to do restorative care such as crowns on 'settled healthy gums'.

Hope the sensitivity settles down. Has the bite been checked?

S

starladustangel

I had my top two front teeth crowned after a bike accident 14 years ago. You will get used to them and be able to bite most things eventually. I will be honest that I can't bit a whole apple very well but everything else is fine. I just cut my apples. I've never had any problems with those two teeth.

L

Lizwhite28

I had my 2 top front teeth crowned just over 3 weeks ago and mine were sensitive too. I had root canals too and they have only just settled down. I've not tried eating apples or anything like ribs but I can now eat toast etc and feel nothing. I would leave it a bit longer and try not to eat so much on them as they made need time to settle. Maybe eating things like apples and burgers etc is not the best thing whilst there settling down and may irritate them. I may be wrong as I'm no dentist but the body needs time to heal.

R

RP

Did you go back to the dentist, sometimes a chuck of cement gets between the edge of the crown and the tooth and causes the gum to stay irritated constantly.

Also I had one of my crowns very sensitive and the the dentist said sometimes there is a part that doesn't cure quite long enough so there isn't a good seal on that exposed dentin - he used the blue light a few times (bottom front tooth) and like a miracle the sensitivity went away.

I've also developed pulpitis after a crown and it hurt like heck- couldn't bite on it and it was very temperature senstive- a few weeks of ibuprofen and a steroid anitinflammatory medicine and it gradually started to settle down.

Sometimes the crown just doesn't plain fit right and causes contant irritation...all point to going back and getting it checked out.

Bravo on starting treatment!

rp