• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm back and it's that time again!

M

Magicianscotty

So for those of you who don't know, my name is Scott and I have hereditary periodontal disease (my grandma had it, it skipped my mom and I got it). Anyway, it got really bad. Last May 2017, I had the scaling and root planing procedure done with valium and novocain. September I had the follow up cleaning done with valium and novocain. Of course, my dental fear doesn't go away. My fear is always of the injections, not so much the cleaning because one I'm on the Cain, I don't feel a thing. But this time, I'm going to be bold and try something new... I'm going to try the oraquix. Oraquix is not an injection, but more of a numbing applicator. They stick it under the gum tissue and deposit it. Not sure if it so work but I will try it and see how it fares for me. I'll report back. My appointment is at 9 AM on May 6th. Prayers and support please!

Good luck!

Remember, in Ohio we are lucky enough to have some of the finest dentists and especially periodontists in the world. Trust me, I work with them. You're in good hands.

I'll be real interested in hearing how you do. Keep us posted, Scott!

You're right about That! I go to Obernesser. Who do you go to?

Small world! I went to the dentist in Fairlawn today. You can't make this up lol

I went to Dr. Solooki, today for a spur of the moment (and needed) cleaning. They were all really nice. I was going to the mall anyway, stopped at the dollar store near Giant Eagle, and then walked in, asking if they had any last minute openings. They did. (Then I went to Tito's for lunch, next to the mall.)

If you need a periodontist, I go to Dr. Sasha Ross in Beachwood. 30-45 min from Akron, but definitely worth the drive.

They gave me either Oraquix or something like it. It worked really well. You should be good.

Good luck on the 6th.

Scott, I'm dying to know how your today's appointment went! How are you doing? How was your experience with Oraquix? Hope all went well.. Keep us posted.

Scott, hello.

I hope everything turned out okay with this.

I saw this old thread (five years, already?), and I’m glad you are still active.

I hope you have a great 2023 in general, and dentally specifically.

Back