• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm in tears! Please help me!

S

scaredofeverything99

I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (All impacted). I will be under moderate oral sedation and laughing gas, and my oral surgeon says the whole thing should only take an hour. But I am so scared.. I was originally gonna do GA but decided against for several reasons and can't change it. What if it hurts? What if it's super scary? Is it going to be the longest hour of my life?? What if I get nerve damage? What if something goes horribly wrong? What if I get dry socket? I hope someone can calm my fears..... I still have to wait a week. I have been in tears.

HI Scared of everything,, it is definately a scary thing to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once.. I can say now a days they have learned to really make it an experience that doesn't have to be scary. Make sure you feel comfortable with the dentist doing this. Have you met them before? take one step at a time. as far as you can get is brave. you can tell them to stop after one, 2 or 3 if you feel uncomfortable. However, i'm believing that they will be able to make you comfortable through the process. maybe also email them and tell them how scared you are so they can reassure you before the pulls. just take one step at a time. You are already taking good steps and have lots of people to process through this with! :)

I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (All impacted). I will be under moderate oral sedation and laughing gas, and my oral surgeon says the whole thing should only take an hour. But I am so scared.. I was originally gonna do GA but decided against for several reasons and can't change it. What if it hurts? What if it's super scary? Is it going to be the longest hour of my life?? What if I get nerve damage? What if something goes horribly wrong? What if I get dry socket? I hope someone can calm my fears..... I still have to wait a week. I have been in tears.

Back