• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

*i'm really scared of check-up today*

S

scaredofeverything99

I have been 5+ years cavity free, I get regular check-ups and x-rays every other check up. We had to cancel an appointment because something came up, and we weren't able to get it rescheduled for several months. So I had that check-up six months ago but due to the fact we had to cancel, I haven't had an x-ray in over a year and a half! I've only started flossing every single day about two months ago and I'm terrified they'll find a cavity in between my teeth.... or really a cavity in general. But I am most scared of cavities between my teeth due to the fact that my teeth are really really tight and I don't know how they could fix a cavity there. Has anyone with tight teeth had an in-between cavity filled? I don't want to know how it's filled I just want to know if it's painful or hard, or takes a really long time. I'm really scared.... my check-up is in 2 hours........ :o:shame::cry:

Last edited:
Almost all of my fillings have been between my teeth. I haven't felt like they've been any different (from my perspective) than ones in the biting surface. They haven't been painful or uncomfortable. Also, it may provide you peace of mind to know that most tooth decay happens very slowly, so you are likely going to remain cavity-free :)

yep almost all of mine were between my teeth too and I have tight teeth in a lot of areas...They had no issues fixing them...so IF that were to happen you would be fine.
Now that I have gone back to the dentistfrom a long break...I only do xrays every 12 to 18 months unless they see something during the cleaning or I have a specific concern...so 18 months isn't a disaster.
If your teeth were ok at the last check up they are most likely still ok. Like fearful said it's usually a slow process.

Back