• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Im scared to die

R

Robyn s

Hi so I have had a broken molar bottom tooth on the right side of my mouth for quite some time now but up until almost a week ago I ended up getting an abscess so I started taking left over amoxicillan . After 3 days the infection just seemed to get worst to where I hd trouble swallowing my gland feels swollen as well as a hard lump sits under my chin/jaw bone and I cant even begin to explain to you the pain that I am feeling. I went back to the emergency room and they gave me a stringer antibiotic clindamycin 150g 3 times a day. It now has been another 3 days and it still hasn't gotten any better. I can Barely eat and it really is scaring me to death that what this is.is something called ludwig angina and it is going to kill me. Please help Im so afraid of the dentist and Im afraid to die please help

Ludwig's angina is phenomenally rare and I've only seen one case of it in over 40 years in dentistry.
However, the only way you're going to get this fixed is to see a dentist. It sounds a bit trite, but ask yourself "What can a dentist do to me that is anything like as bad as what I'm going through right now?"

@Robyn s

Sorry to hear you going through a hard time with this. My dentist avoidance came to an end when my pain and fear of infection was so bad I had the same motto as @Gordon ‘what could be worse than this pain now?!’

Also believe there is another thread about fear of dying from a tooth infection that may be of help.

Back