• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Im so nervous about upcoming dental surgery. Any advice?

M

Msjlott

All 4 of my wisdom teeth plus like 5 other upper molars being extracted. I’m not in pain. On the upper molar teeth I’m having bone graph and dental implant placements. The dentist already prescribed me amoxicillin, norco, Motrin. I have peridex oral rinse. Need to take 2 halcion pills before my appointment. I’m so afraid because I had 2 lower back molars extracted a year ago and it was awful. They didn’t prescribe me any pain med. I felt the pressure of the extractions.

Dg6300

Dg6300

Are you going to a different practice this time?

If not, have you communicated your concerns, and received assurances/a plan for a better experience this time?

M

Msjlott

Yes it was a different practice. The first one was just a regular dental clinic because I was in pain, but this one is a dental implant place to fix my missing teeth

M

MountainMama

Can you get nitrous oxide or iv sedation?

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Msjlott,

I so get being scared and apprehensive about another procedure after what you went through last time with those extractions. and no pain meds...:frantic::censored: You are brave to go ahead and take care of yourself and do this despite your past hard experience!

Sounds like this practice is really preparing you well .. I know for me Norco certainly does the trick and I don't end up using much but especially for the first one or two nights.. very good to have on hand to give you peace of mind at least. I love they are giving you all you need ahead of time.

I know it is only one tooth each time but about 2.5 years ago I had an upper molar pulled and it was not a great experience. I was so scared to think about pulling this last one I did in March I think.. bad memory.. anyways.. totally different experience with a much better dr!! A good dentist can make a world of difference.. sounds like the one you have has things together and will do a good job. :thumbsup::thumbsup: