• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Im so sceard of dentist they are my worst fear

I

I_hate_dentists

but Im scared that on of my teeth are going to fall out and I don't know what to do. Im so scared that I can't even put it into words

Hey there :welcome:
you'll find this forum a very friendly place even if you just want to talk and nothing else :). It's not at unusual to feel so overwhelmed with sheer terror at the thought of maybe having to see a dentist that it's impossible to put into words. Sometimes, it can be helpful to break down your fears into all the different things you are scared of. This can be difficult to do, so we've put up a page that makes it easier by breaking the phobia down into different fears which are commonly reported by people with dental phobia:

You've taken a huge step just by looking for this website on the internet and it must have been terrifying for you to do that. So you've shown great courage :respect: . Just reading about the d-word is a huge step!!

take care and feel free to post here anytime :grouphug:

:welcome:

Not too long ago, I was just like you. I was indescribably afraid of the dentist AND afraid that all of my teeth would either fall our or need to be pulled.

It was difficult to find words for my fear but there was no shortage of tears.

As a normally pretty rational person, it was very strange.

Lets is right, it can be a big help to try to put words to what it is that frightens you...and to how afraid you are. But, know that you've taken a huge step just by being here.

Looking at this site, you will find that you are definitely not alone. Many people are terrified of the dentist. Fortunately, you will also find that there is hope and there is help. In time, you may find that you're able to successfully deal with or even overcome your fear. It happened to me. It's happened for countless others here. It can happen for you.

Come back now, y'hear? Don't become so afraid that you stay away!

I almost did that, but I told myself that if I did "go away for good", people in this forum would become worried about me.

We are here for to support you! :hug2: BEST WISHES FROM ALBERTA, CANADA