• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Impacted tooth Possibly.....Dentist closed till Tuesday

S

Starvedartist

Hey everyone! Slightly freaking out here....Let me explain my situation.

So I’ve always been told I need my wisdom teeth out because my mouth is so crowded but that freaks me out so I’ve never done it. I’m pretty sure they have all came in but my bottom one seems to be having issues suddenly. That’s a problem area anyway because I have a root canaled tooth that I never got a cap on that is now gone and needs to be extracted but I have yet to do that also.

Just to clarify, I have been getting better about going to the dentist and my dentist is really nice. I’ve finally gotten used to him and I’m working to get my mouth better but it’s taking time.

Well that wisdom tooth now hurts when I bite down so I’m quite sure that it’s the reason I’m having pain. I’m thinking it may be impacted. Does that happen even if the top of the tooth is grown in? I can see the whole top of the tooth but I’m not sure if that means it’s fully grown in or it’s still growing in on the sides. I can tell it’s inflamed around that tooth.

If it’s an impacted tooth, are they able to pull it with the top visible or does that mean surgical extraction? How long would that take for the actual procedure and not all the numbing up time?

I’m freaking out because my dentist that I’m used to is closed on Fridays and Monday is a holiday and I don’t know if I’ll be able to go with this pain till Tuesday! I’m freaking out at the thought of having to go to another dentist so I want to know all the facts incase I absolutely have to go.

Anyone ever had their dentist open up just to fix their tooth?!

Starvedartist,

Sorry to hear you are going through this.. ugh.. holiday weekends are the worst time to get pain, I once cracked a tooth on Christmas eve.. :(.. so know... anyways. Do you have their emergency number you can call? Maybe they can at least get you pain meds to get you by until they can see you? or anything else you may need.

One time I had a temp crown come off on a tooth that was highly senstive . I called my dentists emergency number and he said "yeah ,hey meet me at the clinic I"ll be there in a half hour ".. so he met me there and cemented it back in for me! so I would encourage you to call them /emergency line and let them know whats going on and there maybe some way they could help if they are your regular provider they should be willing to somehow.

Back