• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Impacted Wisdom tooth extraction and beer

G

grasshopper1917

Hi folks. Im a 37 year old male and 72 hours ago I had a badly impacted wisdom tooth (bottom) surgically removed. I think the surgery went well cause really there was not much pain afterwards at all just a little swelling and stiffness. The doctor has me on Ibuprofen to keep down the swilling and help with any discomfort. Also i have some kinda medicated mouthwash (chlorexidine?) that i rinse with twice a day.

Anyway im going out with some friends tonight and want to drink some beers. My question is in regards to dry socket. Will drinking glasses of beer put me at risk of dry socket? Ive read so much conflicting info but the scientific studies I read basically said that if your feeling no pain after 72 hours developing dry socket is very very unlikely.

So what do you think guys will beer put me at risk for any complications (it will be consumed about 80 hours post surgery). Thanks for your input!

I think you should send the beer on over to me, just to be on the safe side :)

Only kidding, it'll be fine.

If you find that any issue starts to develop, just drink more beer and it will soon go away.

It seems to have worked out fine the beer did help ease the discomfort. Now if I can only convince my boss to let me have a few drinks on the job 'for medical purposes'. lol

So that is the aftercare procedure :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back