• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Implant and a crowned tooth problem

A

avalon

I had a implant placed awhile back and the day the crown was placed I flossed between implant and my own crowned tooth. I heard a cracking sound and then my own tooth seemed loose. Dentist did X-rays saw nothing, maybe a little widening of periodontal ligament I think is what he said but not concerned, he made a night guard and after awhile the tooth tightened and I’ve had no problems with it in 2 years. Because my own tooth with crown has been there for over 25 years and is showing some dark around gum line it is time to replace. My biggest concern is tooth will come out when crown is removed! Or there will be so much damage to tooth it will need pulled, which is in front of mouth it’s my canine. I have a terrible fear that I will eventually lose what teeth I have left, it consumes me but yet I keep putting off having the crown replaced. My question is what would have caused the cracking sound and tooth to be loose then retighten and should I be concerned about replacing crown?

Thank you

You've not done any damage to your canine, chances are the floss disturbed an old bit of cement or something.
Why would the tooth come out when the crown is removed? I can't see the connection?

I was just concerned because the actual tooth was loose for awhile I thought maybe it was cracked or something. Thank you

Back