• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Implant failure question

W

words.bloom

Does this sound like a failed dental implant?

1. Three years after the implant was placed, the tooth gets loose after eating a soft piece of bread. No pain at this point.

2. A few days later there's some pain around the implant, but not much.

3. A few days after that the pain goes away.

4. No bleeding, no swelling, no drainage, no foul taste or smell at any point.

My main question is, can a failed implant fail without pain, develop slight pain, then no pain again? I do have an appointment but my dentist can't see me until the end of the month.

Hi,
It is possible for an implant to completely fail with no pain at all. In your case the implant itself may be failing or it might just be that the screw that holds the crown on the implant has come loose. If this is the case it may be possible to retrieve the situation.
Hope it works out well

Lincoln

Does this sound like a failed dental implant?

1. Three years after the implant was placed, the tooth gets loose after eating a soft piece of bread. No pain at this point.

2. A few days later there's some pain around the implant, but not much.

3. A few days after that the pain goes away.

4. No bleeding, no swelling, no drainage, no foul taste or smell at any point.

My main question is, can a failed implant fail without pain, develop slight pain, then no pain again? I do have an appointment but my dentist can't see me until the end of the month.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.