• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Implant loose: can’t get to dentist

W

Wolfsrule18

I just discovered one of my worst fears today. Either the healing abutment that was put on July 10th or the implant itself (placed last September) is loose on the bottom. I literally just had an appointment last Thursday and the x Rays looked great and checked them all and none were loose so I’m guessing it’s the healing abutment. It’s definitely loose because I can move it with my finger and feel it wiggle when I drink or eat. My problem is my dentist is in Arkansas, but I spend the majority of my time in Florida and I can’t fly out at all this week because of hurricane Dorian. I can MAYBE fly next week. What do I do till then? It’s panicking me, all other 9 implants are rock solid.

I’m also gonna try to make a appointment with a local dentist Tuesday (of course it’s Labor Day weekend...) but again that all depends on Dorian.

Wolfsrule,

I'm so sorry to hear this about your loose implant. It must be scary and mind consuming really.. I do have some bit of encouragement timing wise. I had crowns come off and appts and got in myself on both Black Friday and Christmas Eve same day appointments. so.. they are out there... now, my dentist is an emergency dentist. so open different hours.. but if he is then prayers you can find someone possibly tomorrow ? or asap to help.

Wolfsrule,

I'm so sorry to hear this about your loose implant. It must be scary and mind consuming really.. I do have some bit of encouragement timing wise. I had crowns come off and appts and got in myself on both Black Friday and Christmas Eve same day appointments. so.. they are out there... now, my dentist is an emergency dentist. so open different hours.. but if he is then prayers you can find someone possibly tomorrow ? or asap to help.

Thanks. Unfortunately tomorrow is definitely not possible because I’m currently in Atlanta. Driving back from vacation in in NC and won’t be home till late Monday night. This was pretty much the worst timing possible.

aghh.. Hope the next few days goes by really quick for you and you are able to get in asap.. :grouphug: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dental problems in the early part of a long holiday weekend? Yikes.

And add a hurricane? Oh no.

That you are being a good sport about this, and taking action, demonstrates lots of "being-grown-up-ness".

Hang in there. Let us know how you do.

My abutment fell off about a month ago, and I waited until my next dental appointment which was about 10 days ahead. I went in, the dentist re-attached it and all was fine. He didn't even say that I should have come in sooner.

My abutment fell off about a month ago, and I waited until my next dental appointment which was about 10 days ahead. I went in, the dentist re-attached it and all was fine. He didn't even say that I should have come in sooner.

Thank you for this. It really helped ease my worry.

I was hoping that it would. :)

I was able to get an appointment at a local dentist for 3pm today. Dorian is moving away from us so we will have thunderstorms but nothing terrible. Really hoping this is just a loose abutment that needs a small amount of tightening and is an easy fix!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope your appointment goes well and they are able to get things back on track and tight for you!

Just left. 2 second appointment, just a loose abutment! X Rays confirmed the implants themselves look perfect. Everything is nice and tight again! They said just come back if another one gets loose. I also heard my my Arkansas dentist I get my final crowns October 29th!!! It is a good day!

I’m glad it was no big deal!

Back