• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

implants step by step

Is the scan a cbct scan (cone bean)? After I had that scan my dentist was able to prepare a guide that they use for the implant. My next appointment was to insert the implant. I am now waiting for the implant to properly fuse with the bone and my next appointment will be in February (about 4 months) for my dentist to prepare the crown that will go on the implant.

Yes it is (not sure why it wasn't just done last wk) thanks hopefully things will start happening now in january.

In my case, my dentist doesn't have the cbct scan machine so he sent me to a periodontist office that has the machine. Are you returning at the same place? Another option could simply be that the person trained to use the machine wasn't available when you were there.

I've been going to the same place for 6yrs its a hospital not a surgery so I'm sure they could have done it.

Back