• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Impression coping for crown

R

Rude

Hi guys have a quick question. I dealt with a nightmare failed implant due to having one placed in mexico. Implant removal and a few bone grafts later, Then implant placement (By a real/great surgeon) and months of waiting I am ready for placement of crown.

My dentist did remove the healing cap, impression molding, xrays, and now has me scheduled for crown placement in 2 weeks. I can't remove if he torqued the implant, or if he is going to wait until crown placement to do that.

Question is (Just paranoid) should I be in the clear? Had it failed would my dentist had known it or we wont know for sure till torque test?

Sorry for the odd question, been years of waiting for this to happen.

We put some pretty good torque on it when we remove and place the the healing cap. If he didn't see any sign of infection, mobility, or bone loss and you aren't having any pain, it is unlikely that there is any problem. Hope that helps!

Back