• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

in pain cant sleep but still scared

G

Former Member
i have been having really bad server pain i cant sleep eat nor drink, but im still to scared to see the dentsit.

deep down i know if i can just go they will take the tooth out and the pain will go.

but im to scared.

nothing will take away the pain even paracetmel only thing i can do it numb it for a few minutes with cold water.

does anyone have any advice please.

Hi taylor,

:welcome:

Sorry to hear you're having such problems at the moment :(. You didn't mention what the problem is with your tooth but if the pain is bad - especially if it's stopping you sleeping, then it sounds as if you really do need to see a dentist :(.

You've come to the right place if you're scared of the dentist or dental treatment though :). Many people who post on here do manage to beat their fear in one way or another, so don't give up :).

What is it that scares you? You might have seen it already but there's a page about fears here: http://www.dentalfearcentral.com/dental_phobias_and_fears.html Click on the individual fears for more information and useful tips.

Please feel free to post on here for advice/support or to ask questions :). Sorry I don't really know what to suggest about the tooth pain but you could try posting your question in Your Dentistry Questions Answered (as it says in the intro - the dentists who answer the questions are very tame - they don't bite! ;D).

Hope this helps. :)

tks for ur reply i thought that i had sever toothache as there is a hole in that tooth but yesterday i looked into my mouth and noticed that it wasnt toothache but a unlcer right in my mouth at the top and that is where the pain is comming from.

i am using bongella but all it seems to do is sting it imnot sure if it is supposed to do that.

it is easing off though and have manged to eat somethings although sometimes it does aggravted it.

im just glad really that i dont have to go near the dentist.

if anyone has some suggestions on how to help my ulcer i would love to hear from you

thank you

Hi taylor - I'm so sorry that you're still in pain. From your description I just wondered if you have a gum abcess rather than an ulcer?? This could be why the Bonjela isn't helping you much. If it is an abcess, you may find that antibiotics would help...everyone here knows what you mean about being scared of dental treatment, so just let us know how we can support you. :hug2:

went to the chemist today not that long ago and told him what i had and he said deffenatly a ulcer he gave me a mouthwash but it hasnt helped either he said it will be very painfull the ulcer.

trying to drink fizzy juice but it nips it and so does my smoking the only thing i can do the now is drink cold water.

i just dont know how much more i can take of this.

Hi Taylor-Not sure if they sell this product in the UK, but it is called Orabase. It coats the sore, so that nothing will irritate the area. Really helps the area to heal quickly. Hope you will be able to find it in your area. :)

Not sure if this might help for the pain, but try and take 4 ibuprofens'.
Ibuprofen 800mg is an inflammatory/mild pain reliever that can be prescribed, and taking four regular over the counter ones (at 200mg each) is somewhat the same. For me it only worked for abour 30 minutes or so, but atleast it was 30 minutes (approx.) without much pain.

tks for ur replys i noticed yesterday when taking the mouthwash i hadnt taken enough so i took some more and best news i havent had pain since last night i had a great sleep last night and have eaten loads.

its still there dont know how long they take to go away but at least im in no pain.

Back